Senior UX Designer
- Austin, TX
Amazon Selling Partner Services seeks a talented and passionate Senior UX Designer to to drive the creative direction of our next-generation selling partner experiences. As a design leader, you will have a significant impact on our business and lead the design direction across a suite of products and experiences.
The Amazon Selling Partner Experience team invents and simplifies how businesses and entrepreneurs reach Amazon customers everywhere. We obsess over the needs of Amazon Selling Partners, from large businesses to individual entrepreneurs, and design the tools and services that help them manage and grow their business on Amazon. Selling Partners are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection at the lowest price. If you want to work on challenging design problems, and make the tools that Amazon Selling Partners use to manage global businesses and bring new products to Amazon customers worldwide, join us!
• Leading new creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices; driving the direction, style, and methodology of design and accessibility.
• Defining and developing the vision for innovative new solutions, solving some of our toughest Selling challenges.
• Championing cohesion in design that unites a growing family of programs and features, while continuing to deliver and evangelize a fervent culture of invention and innovation.
• Leading cross-team conceptual development; being a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
• Model excellence in design, while growing and developing fellow designers. You would be perfect for this role if: You are a systems thinker who thinks big and designs for scalability.
• You move fast and design groundbreaking experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
• You are a principled design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire Selling Partner journey.
• You are an empathic and optimistic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
• A total of 7+ years as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
• Experience designing large-scale systems and applications
• A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction and visual design
• Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
• Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
• Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution and market introduction.
• Fluency in best practices for User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
• Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Able to translate concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
• Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony.
• Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Willing to roll up the sleeves to meet business and product deliverables
• Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to develop and mentor design talent
Back to top