Senior UX Designer (Detroit or Seattle)
- Detroit, MI
We are a global UX team which focuses on getting our customers the help they need, when and how they need it. Our customers are people who sell on Amazon, sell to Amazon, and our associates who provide them with support.
Our team includes UX Design, Research and Prototyping. We work on projects ranging from rapid iterative UX Design on tactical projects, to major strategic efforts that rethink how we provide support to our customers. We partner with internal stakeholders to create user experiences that help, surprise and delight our customers. We do not work in a silo, we work together.
We are looking for a talented, motivated Senior UX Designer to join our team. We want someone who can learn fast, and isn't afraid to ask questions; someone who can listen to customers and stakeholders; someone who can be a trusted partner, and work with business and engineering partners to deliver solutions that will raise the bar for customer experience.
What can we offer you in return? First - a great team to work with. You will join a team of dedicated UX professionals who shape and simplify the experiences of our selling partners and associates through a human-centered design process that balances data, customer insights, problem solving, craftsmanship and discerning taste.
You'll have some interesting challenges and projects. You'll be able to create solutions that scale utilizing multiple tools to communicate your ideas such as journey maps, user flows, task analysis, competitive audits, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, pattern systems and design specifications. You'll also have a voice in defining and choosing projects where you think you'll have most impact. UX is a partnership, not a service. Our team approaches design holistically, strategically and systematically. We don't just work on projects, we come up with the ideas for the projects themselves.
You'll also have impact - our leadership are passionate about UX, and they want to know about our work, and the experiences we're working on.
- Participate in the planning process for new features and projects
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Partner with engineering and business teams to solve for customer needs.
- Drive the development and evaluation of usability studies to inform customer requirements, shape the designs and evaluate the final products.
- Lead internal sessions, customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
- Produce world-class designs and gain buy-in on them across all levels of project stakeholders
- Partner with other teams to influence UX patterns across the Amazon platform
• 6+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your ability to deliver great user-centered design solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across teams and organization and drive alignment.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects.
• Experience working in collaboration with product owners and developers for implementation of customer experiences.
• Experience with best practices for information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques.
• A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Principle, Framer, Flinto, Illustrator, Adobe XD
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Ability to expertly articulate ideas, design decisions, and design work to senior level stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
• Ability to create interactive prototypes.
• Experience conducting qualitative research activities (e.g. interviews, usability testing).
• Proven track record of applying user-centered design methods
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for niche enterprise / B2B user bases (e.g. technical users, banking users, medical professionals, etc.).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top