Senior UX Designer - Delivery Experience (Seattle or New York)
- Seattle, WA
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Seattle or New York City.
Amazon continues to innovate on delivery experience, ensuring that customers around the world get their stuff when, how, and where they want it. Our customers are never content and neither are we - at Delivery Experience, we wake up every day with a relentless drive to deliver products faster, cheaper, and more conveniently than ever before. We are building a culture of ownership, innovation, speed of execution, and customer obsession in which every person personally drives customer impact every day.
Our team is seeking an impact-oriented, systems-thinking Senior UX Designer. In this role, you will have a significant opportunity to define and drive Amazon's end-to-end delivery experience. You will be responsible for building and relentlessly advocating for best-in-class CX (user interface design, branding, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in an agile environment and seeing your design through to launch; then using data to iterate and improve. You will create new patterns and design systems that scale great design across touchpoints and locales. You'll work closely with a cross-functional group of engineers, product managers, research scientists, user researchers, and executives to propose and drive customer-focused innovation using the latest technology in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and mobile and web technology to drive impact to millions of customers around the world.
As the right candidate, you are able to translate needs and constraints into a simple, intuitive, customer-focused solution. You are a systems-thinker that can see around corners to anticipate the needs of tomorrow. You have a passion for invention, simplification and strong attention to detail. You are a proven collaborator who flourishes in a large organization, and skilled at managing multiple stakeholders and leading projects that span numerous teams. Most important, you like to have fun and make history!
• Drive the design for new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future experiences, all the way from concept to final implementation.
• Clearly and persuasively communicate, specify, and describe design concepts, solutions and needs to senior executives.
• Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
• Advocate for your design solutions by leveraging diverse inputs that influenced the design decisions including customer and business goals, usage data, and research findings.
• Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Deliver work that's not only customer-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
• Work collaboratively with engineers and product managers to create amazing user experiences that delight customers.
• Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
• Contribute to the group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
• Use humor, creativity, and positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solution
• Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Proficiency with a variety of design/prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, Framer, etc.
• Excellent (written and spoken) communication, presentation, interpersonal and storytelling skills
• Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment
• Motivated by start-up style environment where rapid iteration is encouraged
• Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Demonstrated history of user-centered design methods (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus
• Track record of good time management, prioritizing projects and estimating work
• MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top