Senior UX Designer
- Seattle, WA
In Finance Automation, we build technology to simplify and automate the processes Amazon uses to manage its financial relationships with external parties. We create enterprise-level product experiences that enable the processes Amazon uses to procure, collect, pay, and operate.
The Finance Automation Experience Design team is seeking a customer-obsessed Senior UX Designer to join our quest to build a best-in-class Payroll Technology experience
Payroll Technology at Amazon is all about enabling our business to perform at scale as efficiently as possible with no defects. As Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, Amazon's payroll operations become increasingly complex, and our customers are asked to do more with less. Process can only get them so far, and that's where we come in with technology solutions to integrate and automate systems, detect defects before payment, and provide insights.
At Amazon we put our customer's first in everything we do - including our finance processes and products. We are investing heavily in building product experiences that delight customers as well as the Amazonians who use our products internally.
We are a critical area of growth for Amazon where you'll be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with User Research, Engineering, and Product Management to bring it to life. You will own the experience for a wide area of our product suite and utilize your full range of design leadership and UX skills.
As a Senior UX Designer, you know how to develop and communicate a vision, bring concepts to life, then iterate and refine them as you gather and factor in customer and business requirements. You think first from the customer's perspective and set high standards for yourself and your team in developing amazing experiences. You have comprehensive understanding of the current state of enterprise applications and design best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design and functionality. You are detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical team, skilled in using data to make decisions and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You have an inventor's spirit, highly refined aesthetic sensibilities, solid hard skills, a killer eye for detail, and a track record of producing enterprise-level user experiences.
Join our growing UX team and make a significant impact on our business while leading and influencing the design direction for a new suite of Payroll Technology products!
• Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant product experiences.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define best-in-class user experiences.
• Create process flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mocks to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across our product suite.
• Participate in the planning process for new products and features helping drive the vision across our product suite.
• Own the production of world-class designs and documents for presentation to engineers, product managers, peer design teams, and senior executives.
• Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies.
• Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience mentoring Designers across many disciplines and taking the lead on projects.
• Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple parallel-path projects.
• Expertise with Adobe Illustrator and Sketch and proficiency with other tools of the design trade
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated experience with building user interfaces across a range of platforms including desktop and mobile.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with software development engineers for implementation of designs.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
• Ability to create interactive prototypes
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus.
• Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
Back to top