Join our UX team driving innovative experiences for some of the most popular AWS services. Imagine your ideas contributing to simplified workflows and rich visualizations to delight customers and contributing to the continued evolution of the AWS web experience. Senior UX Designers for AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) are key stakeholders in team goals while also owning their own user experience roadmap. Designers collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to identify and deliver solutions that have the greatest impact for EC2 customers. Designers leverage qualitative and quantitative data, interacting directly with customers and the rest of the design community to deeply understand customer needs and advocate on their behalf. Join our quickly growing design and development team that spans Arlington, Seattle, and Cape Town."
In this role you will:
• Own the design process from end-to-end, from user research and concepts exploration to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
• Collaborate closely with product manager, engineer, and technical writer to build intuitive, accessible, and innovative products that delight millions of users.
• Help define product strategy that impacts product roadmaps and business goals. Work on solutions for some of the most complex design and technical problems we are tackling at AWS.
• Create user-centered designs and advocate for customers by understanding business requirements, customer's needs, and technical feasibilities.
• Quickly create and iterate on user flows, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes based on users' feedback to continuously raise the bar for quality. Present and playback findings and designs to stakeholders and leadership.
• Talk with customers and work with partner teams on collecting qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions at the product level, and continuously align with various stakeholders.
• Collect metrics after product launch to evaluate designs and make informed improvements on user experience.
• Help define and improve design best practices, including but not limited to defining and refining design patterns, standards, methods, and processes. You will also help drive adoption of these across teams.
• Contribute back to the design community by mentoring and coaching other designers on their professional development and design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, evidence of dealing with ambiguity & ability to drive consensus around key decisions
• 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
• 5+ years of experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for enterprise web applications and/or workflows
• A portfolio demonstrating samples of work in UX and visual design
• Experience collaborating with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders
• Experience delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
• Experience with UX design for technical end users or domain experts
• Ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
• Experience performing user research and/or gathering quantitative customer data
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. This allows each of us to grow, and it ensures that we have wide perspectives to build a product that delights our diverse customers. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive and inclusive team culture we've been building. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It's not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Due to the Covid-19 situation, our team currently works from home, with brand new office space available for those that want/need to use it.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. You and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.