Senior UX Designer, Automotive
- Detroit, MI
We're on a journey to build something new! Come join our team and build new discovery and shopping products that connect customers with their new vehicle of choice. In this role, you'll be designing the new product vision for a new customer experience on Amazon. We're starting with a PM and UX team to define the vision and then we'll follow with a full engineering team.
In order to be considered for this role you must submit a link to your portfolio.
We're looking for a design leader who:
• Can think big, concept and design new products of proven customer value
• Is highly technical and can design solutions that remove customer pain-points
• Can invent new interaction patterns and leverage technology to delight customers
• Can work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute
• Can design and deliver experiments that evolve into new learnings
• Can think, act and design for a global customer
In this role, you will be reviewing designs regularly with senior executives. You will be expected to educate down, up and out on your design decisions and back them up with data/customer insight. You will be responsible for managing your own work queue and should demonstrate an ability to work around difficult design limitations. You'll be an advocate for our customer experience, and understand your Amazon customer base, the competition and industry.
• Create elegant and intuitive, multi-modal user experiences by incorporating insights, business requirements and technical constraints
• Lead the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new CX ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale
• Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, and lo-fi prototypes, with detailed visual design specifications for web and mobile interfaces
• Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity
• Be a champion for user-centered design by researching/testing your solutions in front of users
• Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership
• Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon Design Community
• Proactively mentor and lead other designers
We are open to Seattle and NYC.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• BS in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design, or equivalent professional experience.
• Have industry experience in UX design or related discipline
• High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (Web, Android, iOS, Alexa, etc.).
• Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into fantastic solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong visual design skills to complement your UX skill.
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on requirements independently.
• Fluency in best design practices across mobile, web platforms and devices, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top