Alexa Shopping is at the intersection of AI and retail experience. Our team is building a product that millions of customers love to use, so convenient and compelling customers will rely on Alexa at every stage of the shopping experience from expert product guidance to listing to ordering to post-purchase support across devices, Amazon desktop and mobile, in all countries where Alexa is available.
Alexa Shopping seeks a Senior Designer to define and drive the future of shopping at Amazon. In this role, you will work with voice and graphic interface in a fast-paced environment. From inception through launch, you will be a design owner, responsible for delivering ambitious concepts, and using data to iterate and improve, translating needs and constraints into simple, intuitive, customer-focused solutions. You will define concept and execution, articulating end-to-end experience, and drive that vision into solid design deliverables such as user interface designs for voice and screen, interaction models, design specs, and prototypes. You will collaborate closely with engineering, product management and marketing both inside our organization, and with partner teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience with early-stage product development, and be passionate, focused, and relentless. If you have drive to innovate across modes of UI and existing and emerging devices, join us in developing the next generation of Alexa experience.
• Design the user experience of key, differentiated features for Alexa Shopping
• Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, working with across our team, as well as with partner teams across Amazon
• Use diverse inputs e.g., product leadership, market analysis, customer feedback, metrics and usability findings to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
• Develop and maintain detailed design specs for both voice and graphical UX
• Communicate and specify design concepts, solutions, and needs to senior executives
• Lead customer advocacy and integrate user research into the product development process
• Contribute to the group's best practices for UX design while continually advocating design thinking, process, and craft throughout our organization
• Partner with development teams to build experiences and review finished interfaces (voice and screen) throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
• Use positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum
• Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating UX design leadership and understanding of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated experience designing throughout the entire product development lifecycle
• Minimum 7+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role.
• A bachelor's degree in design, interaction or a related UX degree, or commensurate industry experience
• Expertise with standard design and prototyping tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects of significant scope and high complexity
• Experience planning and conducting user research
• Experience designing multimodal product experiences including voice UI
• Experience in communication design and information architecture
• Experience defining and driving creative solutions in new/ambiguous product territory
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.