Senior UX Designer, Alexa Personality
- Seattle, WA
Come be part of a team with the mission to make interactions with virtual agents easier and more delightful. If you are passionate about having fun, shaping an ambiguous space, and making a positive impact in people's lives, this is your opportunity to do it at scale.
We're searching for a Senior UX Designer who will own end-to-end product design for customers interacting with personified virtual agents, collaborate with voice designers and content creators in voice-forward customer experiences, innovate visual interactions in new form factors, and work in close partnership with product owners and technical team members. Having a background in designing visual interactions for a variety of form factors (i.e. mobile, tablet, web, AR/VR, gaming consoles) is an advantage.
In this role you would:
• Serve as an embedded product designer within the Alexa Personality Design team
• Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user interface specifications
• Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in design reviews
• Speak authoritatively on concepts of interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
• Present design work to the design team, product team, Amazon.com executives, and external partners for review and feedback
• Work with our usability and data teams to assess and optimize new and existing interactions
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture, Digital Communication design or a related field.
• A portfolio demonstrating user experience design, with work samples showcasing process sketches, design documentation and detailed design presentations.
• Experience presenting to and advising senior management
• Familiarity with voice or multimodal speech interfaces
• Familiarity with speech and language technologies (i.e. NLU)
• Ability to prototype holistic user experiences that include visible UX and voice interactions
• Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications, and for AR, VR, or other non-traditional form factors
• An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Additional design skills in related fields, including motion design and prototyping
• Experience leading/facilitating design ideation workshops
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top