Senior UX Designer - Alexa Engine
We are a team working on audio, speech and language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services, like Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Dash. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and audio signal processing in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a Senior UX Designer for Voice and Environmental Interactions, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon and Alexa devices and experiences. You will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which little or no pre-existing interaction paradigm. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You will need to be working side-by-side with specialized voice designers, scientists and engineers to bring your designs to life. You must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications for spatial environments.
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
- Learn and practice ever evolving techniques in voice interaction design by collaborating with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- 8+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer; expertise in human-computer interaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Multimedia Design, Game Design or a related field.
- User experience design skill set including environmental decision-making strategies, and a working understanding of speech, language, and augmented technologies.
- Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Professional portfolio of UX design.
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management.
- Experience test the boundaries of interaction using various signals types and human decision-making tactics.
- Experience in internationalization and associated cultural considerations of product.
- Experience with prototyping, testing, usability, or design of voice user interface for a shipped consumer facing product or service
- Professional portfolio of UX design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, and ability to ship.
- Recent experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
- Ability to prototype voice user experiences with readily available tools
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top