Senior UX Designer
At Amazon, we work hard to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a passionate, creative and prolific designer to join us as Senior UX Designer, on our Product Replenishment team.
The Product Replenishment team makes it easier than ever for customers to replenish the everyday goods that they, their families, or their businesses consume. We offer programs like virtual Dash Buttons - personalized shortcuts to frequently purchased products, and Subscribe & Save, which lets customers set an automatic recurring delivery schedule for thousands of items on Amazon. Beyond that, we are hard at work building similar programs designed to take the worry and inconvenience out of shopping entirely. We are a team of product visionaries, hard-working engineers, and customer-obsessed inventors.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will manage the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios and use cases.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant UIs.
- Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across the Product Replenishment program portfolio.
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
- Last but not least, have fun in the process!
- 6+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design.
- Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our customers.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Expert proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Experience designing customer facing retail products.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment.
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance.
- Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
- Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top