Senior UX Designer
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." – Carl Sagan.
We are building a nimble team of passionate people to change the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on producing joyful moments for our customers (and for ourselves too!). We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great to create a new type of interaction that is meaningful to our customers. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside with product management, research, design, and engineering to define and build the minimal lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
We are looking for a Senior Designer who will:
- Work with an interdisciplinary team including agencies to define new concepts.
- Raise the bar for all creative and product design work. This includes setting the vision, delivering holistic and detailed feedback, driving divergent thinking and convergence as needed, iterating quickly at the right fidelity, bringing people and resources together, adding tools and inputs, defining design goals and ensuring that time and resources are available to achieve the goals.
- Work hands on or delegate and audit as appropriate.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including designers, prototypers, and user researchers.
- Effectively communicate with peer teams and senior stakeholders to ensure a holistic product vision is realized and delivered to end-customers.
- Quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies as needed.
- Contribute to, and curate, the group's best practices for human-centered design, prototyping, and research methodologies.
- 7+ years of experience in the field of user experience design / human computer interaction.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates experience shipping products.
- Experience leading design for a variety of form factors, mediums, and domains (e.g. iOS, Android, digital, physical)
- Experience with the end-to-end design life cycle (concept to market roll out).
- Fluency in best practices for consumer grade information architecture and design, knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior management.
- Experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management and engineering.
- Experience designing for physical products and digital products.
- Experience managing external agencies and vendors.
- Degree in design or related fields preferred.
- Ability to prototype physical and digital experience and iterate quickly.
- Experience managing user research and usability testing.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top