Senior UX Design Manager
Are you inspired by the prospect of developing cutting-edge experiences with the potential to transform the future of reading? Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior UX Manager to help Kindle create great reading experiences in Kindle books.
The Kindle family of reading apps are top-10 most-downloaded and top-rated on all major platforms. The Kindle Design team is seeking a talented and passionate Senior UX Manager to work on Amazon's family of reading applications for phones, tablets, desktop and online. This role will be responsible for leading the team whop is designing and directing the creation of UI, info architecture, interaction designs, and visual design of new and existing in-content experiences for Kindle apps on iOS, Android, Mac, PC and Web.
- Mentor, supervise and lead a team of UX designers, information architects and prototypers as they create best-in-class customer experiences for the Kindle app.
- Analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Provide creative leadership and innovation in the area of book discovery and engagement across a range of platforms and devices while maintaining the right level of cross-platform cohesion and consistence
- Consider market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and user research findings and drive data-driven decision making in your team and your colleagues in other disciplines
- Work closely with the Product Management teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Regularly present to Kindle leadership.
- Solid experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience of outstanding user-centred design solutions
- Experience providing creative direction and thought leadership resulting in a consistently high bar for design execution and product delivery
- Proven track record for managing and developing the career, performance and development goals of design contributors
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Experience working in and leading a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Fluency in best practices in app design and development, as well as strong knowledge of usability and accessibility principles and techniques
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to manage and prioritize work
- An interest and passion around developing others, including a talent for providing clear, tactful feedback
- Experience in prototyping tools
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for reading
- Business and technical acumen that facilitates consensus building and enables design advocacy across disciplines
- Required for Consideration:
- Relevant work samples or portfolio. Samples or portfolio must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges and demonstrating effective and scalable design solutions.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top