Senior User Experience Designer
Every day huge volumes of data are being generated by AWS customers. Our customers seek highly scalable and performant database technologies to capture, store, query, and analyze the data they generate. The AWS Database Services team is charted with the delivery of new data management technologies. We are leveraging the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people deal with data.
Towards the goal of simplifying the way business users and developers interact with big data, the AWS DB services team is seeking an accomplished User Experience Designer. We're looking for someone with strong user interface, interaction design, usability testing, and delivery skills to help create a best-in-class user experience that will delight the users who will use our data technologies every day.
As a User Experience designer, you will be the authority on the full spectrum of user interactions for the data technologies we create. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class user experiences (including user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.). The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, startup-like environment, where the release cycle involves working closely with product management, engineering, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts, to launch, to customer satisfaction measurement, to continued iteration.
- Lead in the creation and definition of the user experience for browsing large volumes of data. · Become the authoritative voice of the user in terms of simplicity and functionality.
- Develop evolutionary and revolutionary improvements, focusing on the highest value interactive data manipulation experience
- Communicate the user experience to various stakeholders in the organization, such as product management, engineering, and senior leadership, through compelling wireframes, prototypes, visual aids, and story boards
- Deliver compelling user experiences on desktop and mobile platforms.
- Work closely with the business and engineering teams to align the UX projects with other road map priorities.
- 5-7 years relevant interaction design experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating high-quality user experiences, with a propensity towards simplification.
- Strong foundation in interaction design theory and application.
- Ability to turn around detailed mockups in an iterative, agile environment.
- Ability to use analytics, user research or testing to inform design decisions.
- An outstanding portfolio of user experience design work on desktop and mobile applications.
- Prior experience designing data-centric, analytics, or visualization applications.
- A demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions informed by the customer and their needs, as well as technology, and business considerations.
- Must be able to manage time well to meet tight deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively with both technical and business audiences.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as interaction design, graphic design, or computer science, or equivalent professional experience. A master's degree is preferred.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top