Senior Treasury Analyst
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Join Amazon Treasury in Luxembourg and help drive cash and investment decisions, manage bank relationships, support global business and country expansions, ensure liquidity for global businesses, and gain operational experience in the EMEA region with Global Amazon partners while working hard, having fun, and making history. A great opportunity to be a leader with a Global Company and get first-hand experience supporting its new business launches, cash management, and intercompany operations in the region.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Treasury Analyst to join our Treasury team in Luxembourg, covering the EMEA region. This position will focus on our Global Cash Management business support activities, and requires a self-starter who will work to continuously improve Treasury processes while maintaining a rigorous control environment. The role requires solid business judgment, capable of driving the right results, attention to details, diving deep into data, and problem solving. As well, the candidate should possess the ability to influence teams with competing priorities. The Amazon Treasury department offers a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment that provides many challenging opportunities for developing one's financial, analytical, and Treasury skillsets as you help shape the success of EMEA Treasury.
The role requires working with multiple internal teams within Amazon, including those based in Seattle, Bangalore, Beijing, Dubai, Luxembourg, and Singapore, from Financial Planning, Finance Operations, Tax, Accounting, and Legal, as well as external parties that include banking and financing partners, and regulators. The candidate must be able to communicate both written and verbal, complex Treasury concepts, in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-Treasury professionals. As well, focus will be on developing reporting that clearly communicates relevant Treasury metrics. The candidate should be proficient in global liquidity management structures, cash forecasting models, global bank partnerships including evaluation of cost / mix of services, global connectivity strategies, bank relationship scorecards, leading projects to achieve team goals, and ensure full utilization of the Treasury workstation. Self motivation is a must, including working independently to partner with business teams, staying current with financial trends, and complying with industry standards and government policy. The successful candidate must have a proven track record for dealing with complexity and ambiguity and ability to anticipate, identify, and communicate risks and recommendations, in a multinational corporate Treasury team.
The Senior Treasury Analyst will serve as a subject matter expert for global banking products and services to corporate stakeholders, managing large scale banking implementations including documentation, contract negotiation, implementation, and testing. This role will manage internal customer relationships (AP, AR, Global Payments, etc.), serving as a dedicated touch point for banking escalations and will design reporting packages related to project status, banking partner SLA's, and KPI metrics providing detailed visibility into projects. The candidate will develop and maintain product requirement documents for bank feeds, payment systems, and banking services.
• BA/BS degree preferred
• CTP, CPA or similar
• 5+ years of Treasury experience with global company
• SOX compliance documentation and testing
• Fluency in standard software - primarily MS Excel and MS Word
• Global Treasury operating models and supporting centers of excellence (COE's)
• MBA, CFA, CTP, CPA, or similar.
• Analyze data and make decisions quickly
• Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills with a strong customer focus
• Self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed
• Aptitude to roll up your sleeves and get things done
• Ability to initiate and champion change
• Demonstrated understanding of relational data and using analytics to drive solutions
• Documentation of complex process flows and driving process improvements
• Comfort working in a fluid and oftentimes ambiguous environment; capable of making adjustments in both day-to-day and large-scale activities based on new information and developments
• Proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Ability to influence and galvanize others to follow you toward a solution
• Experience in identifying control deficiencies and implementing mitigating controls/processes
• Experience with data models using BI software.
• An exceptional bias for action, emphasis on speed.
• Experience with multicurrency notional pool management
Back to top