Senior Training Program Manager
- Culver City, CA
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon's Selling Partners? The Selling Partner Premium Services (SPPS) team includes Strategic Account Services offerings for both our top vendors (Signature) and 3P Sellers (Core). These programs drive Selling Partner growth on Amazon and a positive Selling Partner experience as well as improving the customer experience on Amazon.com by working directly with sellers and vendors to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. A new and growing team, our team invents and innovates across technology, processes and people to grow the program, grow our Selling Partners' businesses, improve Selling Partner acquisition, retention, engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions.
The Premium Services team is looking for an entrepreneurial, strategic and seasoned leader for its Learning & Development Division. The ideal candidate is resourceful, customer-focused and team oriented, with outstanding communication skills, has the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, is able to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. They are highly autonomous and have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Moreover, the ability to work in dynamic and ambiguous areas is imperative.
Amazon is looking a learning professional who has the ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyze issues and influence solutions/outcomes. We are also looking for a team player who not only leverages his/her own team to respond effectively to a variety of training scenarios, but is able to work closely with cross functional teams to effectively prioritize and deploy training programs based on customer need - from training processes at scale to ongoing leader development. As a Program Manager, you will use a combination of outstanding leadership, thought clarity, analytical skills, cross-functional partnership, business judgment, and strategic thinking to innovate on behalf of our customers. This individual must be self-driven and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders and multiple stakeholders, both face to face and across geographies. You will need to thrive and deliver results in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment. More broader responsibilities include
• Iterate on and implement the strategy for SPPS training and learning programs including but not limited to developing measurements of success based upon business impact/metrics, implementing self-direct learning philosophies (ie. e-learning, gamification principles etc.) in our onboarding and ongoing learning programs, and creating a searchable platform to house our training e-learnings and courses.
• Develop and deliver world class training and learning opportunities that are scalable to enable our team to deliver the world's best service for our Selling Partners
• Collaborate effectively with our Business Leadership Team to rapidly innovate and develop highly effective training material, assessments, and learning options
• Create and implement employee development programs to increase employee engagement and satisfaction
• Partner with Customer Trust and Partner Support teams and HRBP leaders to roll out scalable training solutions around leadership development and manager capabilities
• Manage a curriculum portfolio to ensure the team has accurate and up to date training materials and assessments from new hire onboarding through continuing education and role specific accreditation programs
• Ensure effective development and use of assessments to guide and validate learning
• Manage multiple projects and programs concurrently
• Establish and oversee consistent processes to effectively and efficiently design and develop training materials and programs to best suit the needs of the content (e.g., includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning options)
• Leverage rapid, agile development techniques
• Oversee and contribute to the design and development of exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies
• Perform needs analyses using available data and evaluate program results to continuously improve learning effectiveness and deliver results
• Work with key global stakeholders to ensure proper benchmarking and proper leverage of resources
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communicator; experience in engaging multiple stakeholders.
• Managed and developed a team, and achieved collective success
• Data skills and the ability to understand how Learning's activities and responsibilities play into the metrics that drive team success
• The ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities
• • Experience in a technical training role; and experience using Training Needs Analysis process; assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing customer-centric solutions, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs.
• • Full proficiency in MS Office
• Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Behavior, Education, Business or related field from an accredited college or university
• 7+ years' work experience driving Learning and Development design, implementation, and management
• Superior speaking, classroom delivery, and group process facilitation skills
• Program Management experience that includes managing multiple cross-functional projects and initiatives
• Demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of developing a high performing team
• Experience measuring and reporting on business impact of training initiatives
• Experience designing learning and development programs from the ground-up
• Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information in an approachable manner
• Demonstrated ability to influence others and execute in a customer-centric manner
• Experience hiring, leading, and scaling teams of Program Mangers, Trainers and Instructional Designers
• Desire to think beyond traditional classroom training experiences and innovate in the learning and development space
• Detail-oriented, team-focused, and a quick problem-solver
• Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing quickly.
• • Familiar with instructional design principles
• • Experience as an HR or L&D Business partner for an Operations focused organization.
• • Ability to influence leaders at all levels to understand their role in employee development and help build their skills.
• • Master's degree in related discipline: Human Resources, Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc.
• Master's degree in related discipline: Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc.
• 5+ years' Learning & Development experience at Amazon or other high growth business environment with the practical application of complete lifecycle career development from onboarding through leadership and talent development
• Knowledge of Retail and 3P Seller Business
• Ability to use multiple learning methods and to match the appropriate methods with the subject matter
• Familiarity with online learning technology (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate or similar) and SCORM
• Experience implementing standardized assessments, certification programs, and simulation-design
• Experience in adult learning theory and how it is put into practice in corporate learning with the ability to do full learning needs analysis
• Proven ability to influence leaders at all levels to understand their role in employee development and help build their skills
• Proven ability to identify opportunities and launch original learning solution(s) with real impact
• Certified in Public Speaking, Coaching, and/or content design
• Experience integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
Back to top