Senior TPM, eCommerce Foundation
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a seasoned Senior Technical Program Manager for its eCommerce Compute and Networking division, to lead a region-flexibility program which enables us to leverage new AWS regions and improve the efficiency and scale of our business. The end-state architecture should enable individual services to break region coupling with their inter-dependencies while retaining the ability to keep critical business functions within a region. The solution is expected to improve customer latency through local affinity to compute resources, and reduce blast radius in case of region failures.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and creative technical program manager to define and deliver innovative solutions around region flexibility. The candidate should understand system design and service-oriented architecture, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable with ambiguity, and lead cross-group teams across Amazon, on an unbeaten path. The candidate should be able to recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of planning and delivering complex programs with multi-year roadmap, using Agile and incremental delivery methods. They must have experience working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, driven cross-group teams spread across multiple geographies and handled communication from technical developers to senior VPs.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• 8+ years of experience in planning, delivering results on complex, technical products or services
• A deep understanding of agile software development process and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional relationship-building skills with customers and partners
• Prior experience in a technical role, such as software development
• Excellent problem-solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or technology
• Technical experience in areas, such as, cloud computing, distributed systems or platform development is a plus
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our platform, our products, and the technical landscape
Back to top