- Vancouver, Canada
We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession!) to recruiting at Amazon. Come help us hire the best, build great tools for our hiring managers and recruiters, and help candidates (people like you!) find their next amazing opportunity.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Amazon's Recruiting Engine team, you will be responsible for developing the next generation of candidate assessment and matching technologies. With a mix of legacy and greenfield projects you will be responsible for driving communication and cooperation across teams. Together with other technical leaders you will be helping to establish and drive the technical future for the problem domain.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management background. You must be comfortable working with both service oriented architectures, and large, complex data sets. You must have a diverse set of unblocking tools and mechanisms, resulting in an ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of your overall organization. You must be able to thrive in both start-up and more mature business environments, be truth seeking, and be willing to not only operate strategically, but be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done yourself. No idea is too big for you to consider, and no task is too small for you to deliver on.
A Technical Program Manager (TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, Product Managers and senior management to help create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers and demonstrate a high degree of product ownership. The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• 8+ years' experience working with cross-functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions
• Ability to grasp complex problems and quickly synthesize cohesive solutions
• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple competing projects in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence over authority to drive project deliverables
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify, and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
Back to top