Senior Technology Leader, Social Advertising
We are seeking an experienced Senior technology leader to lead multiple engineering teams of engineers and build Amazon's Social Advertising Platform that will power large scale advertising programs on multiple Social Media websites. The team is focused creating a wide range of large scale, multi-tiered and distributed systems. If you are innovative, flexible, have strong leadership skills and love to work collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve critical business problems, then we want to talk to you. You will have experience working with large datasets, distributed computing technologies and service-oriented architecture. A background in Agile development and knowledge of the scrum processes is highly desired.
The Social Ads team owns Amazon's automated advertising across Social Media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Our engineering team builds software systems that use massive data processing and adaptive algorithms to deliver ad performance. We use Social Graph signals and closed loop optimization to power our advertising engine. As a part of our team, you will have a chance to have a ground-up impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers, through your leadership of brilliant engineers focused on scaling Social advertising.
Our program goals driving sales of Amazon products and offers, driving customer acquisition to strategic programs such as Prime Instant Video and Amazon Mom and mobile app downloads. This is relatively new domain and rapidly growing team at Amazon. We're building a top-notch team of engineers and engineering leaders. The problems we face are complex and interesting including the information engineering and data mining of Big Data sets from Social Media sites and Amazon. We build large scale, distributed systems using multiple AWS services and designed from the ground up to make use of Machine Learning and Social Graph data.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science or a related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience managing software teams and development of distributed applications.
- Hands on experience of developing/designing and leading the implementation and delivery of multiple large scale projects.
- Demonstrable success developing engineering talent.
- Experience managing solutions using Java technologies including broad, functional knowledge of common technologies, libraries and patterns.
- Experience working with business customers and innovate on business processes.
- Candidates must show customer obsession - an unflinching desire to provide the best experience for customers and a working knowledge of the processes and technologies that help make that happen.
- Experience with agile software development methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data analytics and large scale data processing.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Sense of humor strongly preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top