Senior Technical Writer/Editor for AWS Support
Would you like to join a team focused on producing high-quality technical content for Amazon Web Services Support and services? Do you have the technical documentation background and the passion for producing cutting-edge content necessary to maintain Amazon as the premier player in cloud computing and web services technology?
As a Technical Writer/ Editor in Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to work with a stellar technical team to create and drive quality standards and edit and produce product documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to be a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is to support the vibrant technical community that consumes AWS products. The technical editor/writer plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to consume and follow.
The ideal candidates have experience both editing and writing in-depth content for developer and system administrator products and the ability to drive consistency and unity across individual documentation sets in a product suite. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience as a project manager, be very organized, and enjoy coordinating and driving documentation projects. You will have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate. Working with other editors and writers on the team, you will use the editorial process to ensure a high-quality documentation experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience writing/editing online or web content for a large software product or suite of software products
- Degree in English, Technical Communication, or related field
- Experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
- Advanced grammar skills
- Developmental and copy editing skills
- Familiar with industry standard style guides
- Knowledgeable in using multiple documentation tools to create and build documentation
- Experience editing/writing highly technical developer or systems administration documentation
- Experience creating support documentation highly desirable
- Experience with web services and related technologies a plus
- Experience working in an agile programming environment a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Experience with XML and Git
- A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top