Senior Technical Writer
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) documentation team creates high-quality technical documentation for AWS products. Our documentation plays a vital role in getting customers up and running quickly. The team ensures that AWS products are clearly described in documentation that's accurate and useful. For a look at our documentation, see http://aws.amazon.com/documentation/.
Your responsibilities include creating conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions, and example commands. As a technical writer, you'll be one of the first customers for new features. You'll work with developers and designers to improve the user experience, UI text, error messages, and API design. You'll also interact directly with customers and use their feedback to improve the documentation dynamically – you'll be able to update and publish your documentation whenever needed. You'll work with an editor and other writers to improve your writing talents.
You'll work on documentation for Amazon AppStream 2.0 and Amazon WorkSpaces. Ideally, you have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation that helps customers. If you have written for IT generalists, it is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role
- Proven experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with development teams
- Experience with an XML-based authoring system
- Experience with cloud services and related technologies a plus
- Experience with Linux or Windows system administration a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience using and following the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (MSTP)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top