Senior Technical Risk Manager
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in global customer support. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos' "Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones." If you are excited about being a visionary leader and advocate for technical solutions for a rapidly growing, work-from-home, segment of Customer Service, then Amazon may be the place for you.
The Purpose of the Customer Service (CS) Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance Team is to identify, measure, and manage risk in Customer Service; establish policies that provide management and operational controls to reduce risk and achieve regulatory compliance; generate awareness and deliver training to drive engagement and adoption of new security polices and key initiatives; and assess controls to ensure they are effectively and measurably reducing risks in CS.
This leader acts as the front line of risk management, embedded in operations to ensure proper risk identification and management across Amazon Customer Service.
• Own all risk management for your assigned business, including identification, measurement, treatment, and management.
• Own, maintain, and annually update policies, exceptions, and other governance documents, as necessary.
• Work with internal stakeholders across the business to identify, assess, report, track, and remediate risks and support the development of risk mitigation strategies.
• Make risk-based decisions and trade-offs impacting annual investment strategies and project prioritization.
• Maintain a strong understanding of risk management methodologies and frameworks.
• Understand business processes, regulations, and controls and develop meaningful tests to ensure controls are operating effectively.
• Perform operational deep dives on compliance-related processes and systems.
• Identify, gather, track, and report key risk indicators.
• Manage several projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
• Work with partners to identify root cause of issues.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Must be a good human that enjoys being part of a fun team.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years in Information Security
• Former role in audit, enterprise risk management (ERM), or compliance with knowledge of the following regulatory and industry requirements and standards:
• 3+ years project management experience leading projects with tight deadlines that involve the use of automated and manual systems and supporting internal customers across the globe
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment
• Must be a good human that enjoys being part of a fun team
• Graduate Degree with concentrations in Risk Management, Global Business, and/or Auditing functions.
• Professional certifications in the COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework or other risk frameworks.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $106,500 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top