Senior Technical Program Manager - Sustaining Product Safety
- Seattle, WA
Ring is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead the Sustaining Safety program for Ring products. The role is ideal for someone who can work independently, manage issues, and seek to make a difference in a growing team.
The Ring Sustaining Safety Team is the focal point for customer safety escalations for Ring products. The Senior Technical Product Manager - Sustaining Product Safety will be expected to evaluate, manage, investigate, and drive safety improvements back into the next generation NPI products that can range from design improvements, manufacturing improvements, reliability test improvements, or failure analysis improvements.
For technical escalations and customer field issues, the candidate will plan engineering tasks and synthesize technical information for reporting and driving to solutions. Though an engineering foundation degree is preferred, experience driving effective skills is equally suitable.
You will demonstrate strong cross-functional leadership, develop schedules, drive milestones, problem solve, and ensure products continue to maintain expected quality.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems.
• 3+ years of experience with OO design/development skills.
• 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services.
• 3+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Go, Java, Ruby, Python, C/C++) and technologies (Linux, SQLite, Spring, Hibernate).
• Oral and written communication skills for executive communication and alignment on technical briefings, including; Failure Analysis Reports, Safety update information, and VP/Director reviews.
• Work ethic; including availability on some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Travel ability (post-COVID) 10 to 15% of the time, sometimes stretch time overseas.
• Experience in high volume consumer manufacturing.
• Able to manage multiple products, issues, and projects.
• Excellent planning skills, including the ability to manage schedules, device allocation, and compact milestones.
• Skilled in persuasion, settling problems, sensing moods, and communication.
• Good business and technical decision maker.
• Methodical in conducting FA of EE/PD issues.
• Solid technical base in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, CS, or Operations Engineering Management.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top