Senior Technical Program Manager, Storage and New Memory Technologies
- Seattle, WA
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be leading the technical strategy and program management of AWS Infrastructure projects that will revolutionize industries across the globe. In this role, you will wear many hats. You must possess a unique combination of the hardware and design experience of a software development manager, together with customer and business acumen, and a do-what-it-takes approach to providing whatever is needed to make your program successful.
You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly with conviction at all levels of the company. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you. We are pioneering; come join us!
We look for people who are capable and passionate in the following areas:
• Identifying and understanding opportunity, developing requirements, building roadmaps, and executing on business plans.
• Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making trade offs; encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while identifying inter dependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
• Evangelizing within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of products and programs.
• Program leadership of computer systems, storage systems, storage devices, or related field
• Experience coordinating cross functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 8+ years of experience in hardware development
• 5+ years of experience in storage systems or related field
• 3+ years of experience with development or qualifications of HDD, SSD or DRAM
• 4+ years of experience in technical project/program management
• Experienced in compute and storage server architecture and design for large scale applications.
• Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong writing skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top