Senior Technical Program Manager - S3 Storage
- Seattle, WA
AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) delivers world class storage in the cloud. It provides a simple web services interface that customers use to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. We sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for storage in the cloud. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers can durably store their data on AWS's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. With trillions of objects under management, we're one of the most successful services anywhere. While the emerging area of cloud computing has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential.
We are looking for a Senior TPM to lead an area of strategic importance and significant impact to S3 Storage. We are custodians of all of S3's customer data and have full control of how that data is accessed, stored, kept durable and highly available. We innovate both on the software side and the hardware side to lower latencies for customer storage requests, improve throughput and durability of our customers' data whether its a small application or an exabyte-scale system. We do this while continually driving up efficiency and driving down cost for our customers.
In this role, you will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to drive roadmap and new features for S3 Storage and drive adoption and growth.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will want to have a lasting impact in the enterprise cloud space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering, software life cycle management or Technical Program Management
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
• 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts with a natural curiosity and explore new technologies
• Track record of delivering results, ownership, and strong customer focus
• Demonstrated ability to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills. #AWS-FF-TPM
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top