Senior Technical Program Manager - People Technologies
- Dublin, Ireland
PeopleTech seeks a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to guide the ongoing development and international deployment of an innovative, customer-obsessed software solution.
You will be playing a pivotal role in evolving our current product experience and solve problems at Amazon scale, an order of magnitude larger than supported by any commodity solutions and growing exponentially. You will use highly scalable AWS technologies such as Lambda, EMR, DynamoDB, S3, Kinesis, ECS and modern UI frameworks.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering large, complex projects end-to-end for our new initiatives. Responsibilities include refining business and systems requirements, driving project schedules from design to release, communicating to stakeholders and senior leaders, and managing production launches. You will lead and coordinate design and implementation efforts between teams and develop optimal solutions. You will gain a deep technical understanding of our systems and be able to speak to them and influence their future design. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimise time-to-market. You will clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
You should possess a strong program management background. You will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in full-stack technologies. You will be expected to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or conflicting priorities. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Above all, success is predicated on meticulous organisational skills, high attention to detail, spot-on judgement, and ultimately an unbending predisposition that vigorously advocates for the customer. #techleader
Time and Attendance (TAA) serves Amazon employees across more than a dozen business lines in 19 countries (and counting). We are an entrepreneurial team tackling complex problems that Amazon has not yet solved at scale. We are creating fundamentally improved ways for employees to record time, automate policy and reduce pay defects. TAA has a balance of start-up vision and operational excellence, technical complexity and clear product definition, and has global scope across almost every Amazon business line.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years of Technical Program Management experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant development and technical design experience.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyse quantitatively, scope technical requirements and prioritise program deliverables.
• Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
• Experience with agile or similar program management methodologies.
• Experience as both a developer and project manager.
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
• Experience working with remote teams and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
Back to top