Senior Technical Program Manager, Networking
- Seattle, WA
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. In addition to our global infrastructure, we also deploy, scale, and operate private regions for our GovCloud and private sector customers.
As our GovCloud and privates regions continue to grow, we are looking for a Senior Technical Progam Manager to execute and deliver a large program for one of our largest strategic partners. The pace, scale, and growth of Amazon's data center platform will challenge you. Our uncompromisingly high standards and rapid innovation on behalf of our customers will push you to new levels of creativity.
At this level, Amazon is unique in that we seek experienced senior leaders who have evolved to be highly strategic in their approach to managing their business unit, yet understand how to lead large teams by example who will not hesitate to roll up their sleeves when tactical needs dictate it. So, if you are customer obsessed, and are looking for a fun and challenging environment, we would love to hear from you.
This Senior Leadership role will own end-to-end delivery of a large, and ambiguous program to deliver networking capabilities for a strategic partner. You will lead a matrix team, across multiple organizations and executives. This is a high visibility, and high impact role.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Position may be located in either Herndon, VA 20170, Denver, CO 80202, or Seattle, WA 98101. Relocation assistance would be offered (pending qualification quidelines).
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,400 - $160,000, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
• 10+ years of relevant engineering and program management experience
• 15 years of experience leading in the delivery of large, complex, technical programs.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level or above.
• Deep expertise networking technologies and data centers.
• Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
• Proven ability to not only influence but lead business partners and supporting teams
• An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
• Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
• Demonstrated judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Must be able to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Back to top