Senior Technical Program Manager - Music Privacy & Compliance
- San Francisco, CA
At Amazon Music, big data is fueling the growth of our business. The Metrics and Data Platform team provides high quality data, insights, and self-service platforms used by 45+ teams in Amazon Music including BI, Data Science, Personalization, Search, and Marketing. We are seeking a Technical Principal Program Manager to drive Amazon Music's strategy around data privacy and regulatory compliance (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, COPPA). If you are passionate about protecting the data of millions of customers, while helping maintain the highest standards for the experiences we build around music, this role is for you.
This position will define requirements and priorities for a centralized privacy team that will build the and services to manage data privacy and regulatory compliance at scale across Amazon Music. This role will also work with legal to define the data privacy and regulatory compliance processes for the entire Music organization and serve as the lead for these efforts across Music.
A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, highly analytical, have experience working in privacy and compliance at scale, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality requirements, and scalable, simple to use solutions.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Strong knowledge of compliance methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard compliance frameworks.
• Experience managing compliance to privacy-focused regulations, such as GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, or HIPAA.
• Strong knowledge how to create and evaluate the design and effectiveness of data controls. Experience in working directly with auditors/regulators for these types of assessments.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver platform and framework products customers love
• Experience delivering products in a complex and face-paced environment using agile process
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high quality high impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. You identify opportunities and step up in various areas to turn those opportunities into realities
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. #musicjobs
Back to top