Senior Technical Program Manager ( Multiple Locations/teams)
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? What would you do if you had access to the world's largest product catalog with billions of products, offers, images, reviews, searches, and much more? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) division is looking for Sr. Technical Program managers. The Product Catalog is a strategic asset for Amazon. It powers unrivaled product discovery, informs customer buying decisions, offers a huge selection across a large number of categories and positions Amazon as the first stop for shopping online. ASCS is looking for a customer-focused Sr. Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM) to help us make the world's best product catalog even better and improve the experience for millions of customers. You will help devise short term and long-term strategy for expanding and enhancing the catalog. You will have the opportunity to drive end-to-end solutions working across teams to improve product data quality at a scale rarely available elsewhere. The ideal candidate will have excellent software development background, product management and problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial. You will work independently in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-changing organization. We're changing an industry, and we need individuals who are ready for this challenge and who want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams
• You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the programs you own
• You will be responsible for the overall coordination, system integration, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run
• Throughout, you will internalize Amazon's Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success
• You will need to be creative and go far beyond text book solutions to deal with these challenges. Meeting the business requirements will involve combining several different solutions and efficiently utilize experts, when needed to mitigate risk.
. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or product management in a software applications environment
• Understanding of drivers of performance, scale and operational excellence in software and ability to work with software development managers to ensure these aspects in all software used in the program.
• Superior written and spoken communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer science/Math or related field.
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems.
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
• High level familiarity with data mining or machine learning.
• The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal.
• Prior experience as a software developer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/
Back to top