Senior Technical Program Manager - Kindle Store - KCX
Do you love to read? Are you an author that wants to share your story?
The Kindle Store & Content team might be the right place for you.
The Kindle team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead high-impact Kindle releases that improve reading for millions of Kindle customers. The TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with other teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing client launches. The TPM will also be responsible for setting program standards and expectations as well as leading and mentoring other TPMs.
You will have the opportunity to impact customers worldwide by working with development teams across the Kindle team globally. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning as well as drilling into technical architecture and design.
The Kindle Store/Content TPM will be responsible for improving the discoverability, personalization, purchase, and reading experience of content that is delivered to Kindle devices, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices as well as ensuring a great web experience across all browser platforms.
As a TPM on the Kindle Store team, you will working to provide a great customer experience for tens of millions of Kindle customers, in dozens of countries across the globe. You will be working with an international team that provides the full customer experience for discovering books and authors, providing a seamless shopping experience, ensuring that we deliver on our promise of providing great books to customers within 60 seconds, on any device, no matter where they are in the world.
Some of the projects that you can expect to work on within this team are:
Delivering the Kindle shopping and reading experience to new customers in new languages and new geographies.
Contributing to the growth of our Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading subscription products in new marketplaces and new business models.
Leveraging our new payments and store platforms to make them available for other Amazon partners to grow their businesses.
Expanding the functionality of the Kindle Store and providing new capabilities that our customers love.
Helping customers everywhere find great new books, magazines, and articles that they love to read.
- Delivering and optimizing high-scale digital systems and services that support millions of loyal Amazon customers and billions of transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering or system design experience
- 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
- 5+ years of leading large cross-functional projects with large groups of technical and business stakeholders
- Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in mobile platforms or E-commerce domain.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
- Provide exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Show a capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
- Demonstrate strong execution abilities by identifying, evaluating, tracking and mitigating issues and risks.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders in an organized manner.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Possess expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top