Senior Technical Program Manager (HR Systems)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's mission is "to be Earth's most customer-centric company", and our worldwide Consumer Operations and award-winning Customer Service teams are at the heart of that mission. Recruiting and managing talent across worldwide consumer operations is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to more quickly and efficiently find, hire and manage talent that raises the bar.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the World Wide Operations Talent Products Team, you will work closely with economists, applied research scientists, ML engineers, software development engineers, data engineers, Product Managers, and UX designers to develop solutions that enable meeting these challenges at scale. As a team, we will shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels of Worldwide Operations, helping us to become the world's most scientific and technically proficient Human Resource organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large technical projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include writing technical specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing production launches. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and up to date knowledge of current architectural solutions and best practices.
• Previous data engineering experience.
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Past experience working with multiple-stakeholders across different organizations and teams.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top