Senior Technical Program Manager
- Istanbul, Turkey
If you are a TPM who is interested in solving core ML problems and using those solutions to improve WW Transportation network planning, we may just have a role for you. We are looking for a highly motivated TPM who loves dealing with ambiguity. This role will require you to work on a PE scoped problem, act as an entrepreneur and build partnerships with WW Retail, Fulfillment and Transportation Tech teams.
What is iAudit?
Transportation of packages in Amazon has significantly evolved over the past several years. We employ a mix of transportation modes (AMZL, 3P, AMZL+3P) to deliver packages to customers efficiently, and on time. Transportation planning activities are heavily dependent on the quality of source data (e.g. package weight, package dimensions, postal code, rate-card entries, etc.) and an error in any of these inputs can lead to sub-optimal planning decisions (e.g. greater cost, missed customer promises, etc.).
We are embarking on an ambitious vision to leverage performance signals from Transportation businesses to improve the quality of upstream source data used by the planning systems (such as ATROPS). These signals include, off-manifest charges (discrepancies between Amazon estimated shipping costs and carrier invoiced shipping costs), missed customer promises, etc. Improvements in quality of upstream data will help improve Transportation planning and thus result in generating cost savings and delighting our customers through a pleasant delivery experience.
What engineering challenges you would solve?
You will work on areas that are highly exploratory in nature. You will work closely with Principal Engineer, Product Manager, SDE-3s, Applied Scientists and BIEs to solve deep engineering problems.
• You will deep dive into architecture of upstream teams and map their business logic to disambiguate the authoritative source of planning datasets through Decision Trees.
• You will work with Scientists to enhance ML algorithms to detect precise upstream issues with high confidence and suggest corrections.
• Using results from these models, you will initiate pilot studies to correct upstream data.
• You will leverage learnings from the pilot studies to disambiguate and design a comprehensive solution for providing feedback to upstream teams. The feedback systems will be bi-directional and multi-tiered. iAudit will generate feedback to upstream teams, which could generate secondary feedback to other upstream systems or back to iAudit, which may further trigger tertiary feedbacks. You will define these solution pathways.
Who we are?
Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world-class customer experience - from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) is responsible for building technologies that support financial aspects for Amazon transportation. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second and make decisions to pay billions of dollars a year and ensure that transportation's liabilities and revenues are correctly accounted for. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever-expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales not only with volume but also with the business models. We leverage cutting-edge technologies in big data, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
TFS is 100+ tech team across 8 different platforms. We deal with problems of scale. Billions of dollars of spend is automated through our platforms and pipelines. We are a very fast growing org and we aggressively ramping up our team across all engineering roles. The tech team is completely based out of India.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Deeply entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to the cause
• Strong dealing with ambiguity and independent operation
• Exceptional deep dive and attention to detail
• Strong ability to formulate strategic direction from low level data
• Ability to engage multiple teams and align expectations towards a shared goal
• Possess strong business judgment and communication skills
Back to top