Senior Technical Program Manager, Embedded
- Denver, CO
The Amazon Go embedded OS Platform team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manger to help deliver cutting edge projects that will continue to revolutionize retail shopping experiences.
As the Senior Technical Program Manager of the OS Platform team, you will work with experienced engineers designing and implementing our embedded compute platforms.
You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. The ability to assimilate a large number of inputs from stakeholders - including electrical/mechanical/optical engineering, manufacturing ops, application SW, research, and more - to develop cohesive requirement and functional specs, and to prioritize and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is critical in this role.
You will clearly communicate goals, requirements, roadmaps, and timelines to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
You are entrepreneurial, innovative, and thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, sound business and technical judgement, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• 8+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in delivering complex software (or equivalent).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent).
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards and success metrics.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues.
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• Experience with embedded Linux platforms and development tools.
• Familiar with real-time operating systems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results across organizations and business unit.
Back to top