Senior Technical Program Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
Are you passionate about enabling millions of customers around to world buy anything, anywhere, anytime? Can you run large cross-team projects? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as drilling into architecture with development teams? Do you want to take the best e-commerce platform in the world to the next level?
We, the ordering team, need a strong Technical Program Manager to lead our multi-year large initiatives. Leading teams of engineers across teams and organizations towards meeting challenging goals, helping us continuously making our platform ready for our current and future challenges.
TPMs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon a TPM can expect to lead some brilliant minds in designing flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
As a member of Amazon's Vancouver, Canada based Ordering development team, you will be a key player in driving the growth of Amazon's Consumer business by enabling more and more business to onboard to the most sophisticated and scalable eCommerce platform in the world. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Consumer business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company, and most importantly - you'll get to work with some awesome people having a lot of fun!
• Bachelor's degree in a related technical field.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading large scale and complex software development projects in an agile environment with aggressive schedules.
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Possess a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• 8+ years' experience working with cross-functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Ability to grasp complex problems and quickly synthesize cohesive solutions
• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple competing projects in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to influence over authority to drive project deliverables
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify, and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
Back to top