We are building a new retail platform that will enable a new business for Amazon . If you are interested in working on a team with a startup culture , influencing a transformative architectural direction for Amazon and being part of the foundational team for a new venture that will grow very fast, very soon- join us ! We will be solving some of the broadest distributed systems, analytics and system integration problems you will encounter at Amazon and creating a retail ecosystem that will help significantly expand our inventory and fulfillment capabilities.
You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You will influence Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence initiatives to select the best delivery speeds and options for customers.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities include working with product management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional development teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong project manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator -- whether working with developers or providing updates to business leadership.
The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting things done. Who is able separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
• • Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development efforts, drive rigorous testing, and coordinate product launch.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows.
• Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us