Senior Technical Program Manager
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with more than 50% of all items currently sold originating from third-party sellers. Our team is responsible for the development of next generation solutions that enable Amazon and Third-Party developers worldwide to innovate, develop and distribute applications used by millions of sellers around the world to run their business on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are developing and operating distributed systems at unprecedented scale leveraging AWS technologies to deploy high-quality solutions into a cloud based architecture.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design of exciting greenfield projects and overcome complex technical, business and customer experience challenges at scale. You will work in a fast-paced environment and take on unique challenges that will have a highly visible impact on our growing business.
You will be responsible for collecting business and system requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, budgets, establishing and driving project plans from design to release, and managing production launches. You will be a catalyst for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple geographically separated groups delivering jointly on highly-visible mission-critical systems.
You will contribute to our success with your hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, good understanding of business, and excellent leadership skills.
Our team offers great opportunities for self-driven and results-oriented individuals who are not afraid of big challenges, love to innovate, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and can successfully drive programs from start to finish.
• Responsible for the end-to-end project management functions of large programs including planning, risk and issue management, trade-offs and execution.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Effectively cooperate with customers, technical staff and leaders, business leaders and executives in different geographical locations to define and deliver complex features.
Ability to make sense of ambiguity, define and plan programs in a fast paced and highly-technical organization, and secure buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
• Self-starter with the drive and conviction to do things right the first time. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting updates to an executive audience and publishing findings in written format. • Strong hands-on experience with new product introduction processes and project management. • Strong people and leadership skills with a proven ability to influence others, reach alignment and obtain commitments from teams with different priorities and constraints in order to successfully achieve program goals. • Well-developed business and technical skills. Ability to effectively understand tradeoffs between business and technology while never losing sight of the customer experience. • Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines with a proven track record of being able to learn new technologies and contribute to ideas and initiatives. • 3+ years of hands-on software delivery experience. • 5-7 years as a Technical Program Manager managing and delivering large software projects on time and on budget for mission critical systems. • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
Excellent problem-solving skills Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units Experience with agile or other program management methodologies Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Back to top