Senior Technical Program Manager, Devices and Services FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in working with the teams that developed the Kindle, FireTV and Alexa? The Amazon Devices and Service Finance organization is expanding our technology team, and we are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with expertise gathering requirements for financial planning and reporting systems, creating and maintaining technical plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities involved.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed Senior Technical Project Manager to lead various financial systems initiatives. As a TPM, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges across the finance space. You will play an active role directing a portfolio of projects, evaluating business and functional requirements to ensure we create and deploy flexible, scalable platforms that allow for continued growth. You will also invent new features to support new business initiatives and functional needs. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross-team efforts including architecture planning.
Amazon needs individuals that bring the corporate finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
• Responsible for driving the technical components of new financial processes, system expansions, and product launches.
• Will anticipate bottlenecks, own and manage multiple projects that span a variety of functional areas. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Contribute substantially to the vision, strategy and technical roadmap of the team.
• Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost.
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
• Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support the business roadmap and goals.
• Partner with other Amazon groups as necessary to implement the strategy and manage exception processes.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
• Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes.
• Demonstrated history of problem solving, financial acumen, and business partnering skills.
• Experience with functional database systems used in financial modeling like TM1, Essbase, or Anaplan.
• Experience with financial reporting and dashboarding tool sets like Tableau, Cognos Analytics, and Amazon QuickSight.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor.
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• A passion for delivering results and building trust with senior leaders.
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top