Do you enjoy solving complex problems with simple solutions? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Amazon's Digital and Device customers? The Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) technology organization is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join the TPM team. The D2AS vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers of Amazon's devices and digital products, through intelligent self-service solutions and enabling our tech-support organization with tools and technology.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in this team, you will:
- Interact with Product Managers, other TPMs, and multiple development teams to define, design and deliver complex product features.
- Manage all aspects of a project execution, and lead efficient delivery of large programs.
- Devise technical specifications and system integration, demonstrate ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, and evaluate new ideas, design and solution choices.
- Identify bottlenecks, risks and issues at different stages of the program. Provide escalation managements, trade-offs, and mitigations, balancing the business need and technical constraints.
- Drive the technology strategy, collaborate with business and development teams across the company to analyze the cost/benefit of project selection.
- Engage with and influence cross-functional stakeholders, senior leadership; and keep everyone informed through regular reporting, status reviews, and other mechanisms.
About our team:
The Device, Digital, & Alexa Support (D2AS) Technology team owns critical applications and backend services to enable our end customers and tech-support associates to solve issues with Amazon Devices like Kindle, Echo, and Fire TVs, to digital services like Prime Video, Music, and Alexa. Some of our key product features the team works on include on-device diagnostics, device screen-sharing for troubleshooting, conversational chat-bots for self-service help, and knowledge graph for easy discoverability of help content.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. At work, our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a great mix of tenured members in the team, who go above and beyond in knowledge sharing and mentorship to make the new comers comfortable in the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in technical program and/or technical project management, worked on new products, services or process-related initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Able to work on a diverse team
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program and/or technical product management.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, Java based web services and mobile and web application development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us