Senior Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services, the fastest growing group in Amazon, is seeking to expand our Network Scaling team with a Senior Technical Program Manager.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in the AWS Border Network Deployment TPM team, you will be responsible to drive programs deploying AWS networking infrastructure in AWS Data centers and Transit centers.
You will be responsible for prioritization, scheduling and execution of physical network changes and upgrades across Amazon Data Centers. You will manage our cross-functional projects, which require working with all organizational levels and groups including network Engineering, Network Deployment, Data center Techs, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and internal Program Management teams.
You will develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle.
A strong background in Networking, Network Infrastructure Deployment, Data Center related experience is essential for your success in this position.
You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget.
You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity.
• You will be driving programs deploying AWS networking infrastructure in AWS Data centers and transit centers, to meet the ever growing customer demand.
• Manage multiple competing cross-organizational projects/programs simultaneously on a global scale across NASA, EMEA and APAC regions.
• Interact with Engineers, Data Center Technicians, Cross team Deployment Managers, Cross team Technical Program Managers and Senior Management on a daily basis.
• Participate in engineering reviews of network design.
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs. • Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up
• Drive simplification efforts in engineering and project/program management and architectures to unblock innovation
• Create predictable process paths for large and/or complex efforts.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. #0000
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant IT Discipline and 8+ years of program management experience.
• Strong prior program management experience dealing with multiple teams across organizations and geographies.
• Strong experience in Networking technologies
• Experience in Building/Scaling Data Center Networks.
• Experience in Data Center network infrastructure deployment, and optical transport/network environments are a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
• Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
• Possess and end-to-end understanding in key areas that benefit the program/project.
• End to end understanding of networking protocols.
• PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
• MCSA\CCNA certifications or equivalent in networking certification.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top