Senior Technical Program Manager, Computer Vision
- New York, NY
The AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is expanding to New York City! We are seeking a talented, experienced, and customer obsessed Senior Technical Program Manager who has the passion to tackle ambiguous and challenging problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products like Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) and Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/).
The mission of the AWS Computer Vision Data team is to efficiently deliver the right data in the right quantities with the right quality for training and testing an accurate model that solves the customer use cases targeted by the product. To that end, the team (product, engineering, science, and program/operations management) collaborates with customers, partners, and stakeholders to define, develop, and deliver a high quality outcome in terms of annotation/training/evaluation systems, raw data sourcing, ground truth definition, annotation guidelines & tooling, automated workflows, scalable operations, quality control, vendor relationship, and program management.
The Senior TPM on the team will drive the data program for a set of computer vision features by working closely with Product, Research, Engineering, and Operations. This role requires strong technical expertise with a background in computer vision and machine learning, excellent leadership and communication and hands-on program management skills. If you are excited about the future of computer vision and building new customer experiences, we want to hear from you!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• 5+ years of program management experience for a computer vision product.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with product, engineering, research, and operations management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• Strategic, analytical, and executional aptitude.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top