Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites.
We are looking for a Senior TPM to lead an area of strategic importance and significant impact. In this role, you will act as a Senior TPM within S3's Vitality organization, which operates the enormous S3 storage fleet. To meet and exceed our customers' expectations, we are constantly working on software innovation, process automation, and improving our cloud storage infrastructure.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will want to have a lasting impact in the enterprise cloud space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of experience in software engineering and process management work in support of a technical environment
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization
• 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts with a natural curiosity and explore new technologies
• Track record of delivering results, ownership, and strong customer focus
• Demonstrated ability to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .