AWS Infrastructure is responsible for managing scaling scenes resources (compute, storage hardware, networking, data center space and power, etc) in order to keep delighting customers with the experience of infinite service capacity. The Supply Chain Planning Automation team, within AWS Infrastructure, is building a new suite of base-lining and optimization software products to automate AWS Supply Chain Planning.
This product suite includes core order management, fulfillment planning and optimization, forecast optimization, fulfillment visibility and insights software. We use a variety of technology built on AWS. The types of problems span microservice architecture design, optimization, big data workflows, etc.
We are hiring a Sr. Technical Program Manager to lead complex technical problems and programs spanning multiple software engineering, product management and business operations teams.
What we are looking for:
You're a person looking for a career where you'll be able to innovate, to deliver, and to influence. You have a demonstrable track record of success delivering high quality products and services. You are able to see the problem from the vantage points of a variety of stakeholders, assimilate these to arrive at a solution, and then drive consensus (get stuff done). You have experience communicating at Director/VP levels at the right levels of abstractions.
What this role offers:
- You would define business solutions using a combination of legacy and new products in the SC.os Planning suite to deliver AWS Infrastructure projects while being cognizant of the balance across technical debt, product vision and business urgency.
- You would closely with software engineering, product management and business operations teams to ensure high standard of software, and that the product meets the business need / product vision
- You would define and drive alignment on new processes with users in and out of outside of Infrastructure (AWS Services, ARF, Infra Ops, ISCaP, Networking etc.).
- Opportunity to solve hard problems the right way with minimal guidance.
- You would get plenty of opportunity to develop hard skills (data, software, etc.) and soft skills (influencing teams, leadership, stakeholders as an example)
- 3+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 1+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience understanding and discussing technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
- Experience working across functional disciplines to deliver online products/services
- Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
- 5+ years of TPM experience
- 5+ years with data mining or operations research using math modeling
- Domain Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Sharp analytical abilities, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Passion for innovation and learning.
- 2+ years as a technical lead, team lead, functional lead or mentoring developing junior employees
- 2+ years of experience communicating with non-technical team members or stakeholders
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role