Senior Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Pay is a high-profile, strategic business unit, with support and interest from all parts of Amazon and top management. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
Amazon Pay is looking for super star Sr. TPM to join the team. You will get an opportunity to influence Amazon technical architecture across multiple VP's, establish and own a roadmap. This role requires working with across product teams as well as a new Governance, Risk, and Compliance business unit to define strategy and requirements, and lead cross functional development teams from design through delivery.
You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. This position involves regular communication with senior management (multiple director and VP's) on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, agile project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required service-oriented architecture, product development , build processes, agile project management, release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience is required.
• 12+ years of relevant industry engineering experience (IT/Software)
• 4+ years of program or project management experience
• Has experience in conflict management, stakeholder management, risk management, negotiation, dependency management and should be able to work in fast paced environment.
• Prior experience in leading big projects/programs with end to end SDLC. Agile experience is an added advantage.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• A passion for people management and mentorship.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Project management experience with cross functional geographically distributed teams.
Back to top