Kindle is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world but it's still "day one" in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, across all their devices. We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager for Books (previously known as Kindle Content) who can help unlock the next stages of our growth and continue to delight more customers around the world.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be primarily responsible for scoping and delivering large technical projects, end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a program encompassing one or more products, driving project schedules from technical design to release, and managing the program launch. You will be making appropriate trade-offs to optimize for quality and time-to-market, clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current software and/or hardware disciplines. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management in a software applications environment
• 5+ years experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• 3+ years experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in business communication
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules on a global scale
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done