Senior Technical Program Manager
- Iowa City, IA
By 2024, Gartner projects that 65% of software will be created using "Low Code" or "No Code" development tools, and the market is projected to grow beyond $40B. Amazon announced in June 2020 its entry into this market with AWS Honeycode, an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for enabling teams to do their work better by creating data-driven applications. Honeycode enables users to build mobile and web applications easily and efficiently without needing programming skills, to empower team collaboration and innovation. Low Code/No Code is still at its early stage and at AWS we are uniquely positioned to redefine what it means and make it mainstream with our hyper focus on customers. We are at Day One of this new journey to transform industries and change how people work at a very large scale. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
The Honeycode team is looking for a senior TPM to drive key technical programs as we take this service from initial release to an industry leader. We've just released and Day One continues as we push forward into key technical areas including architecting for rapid development and scale, creating a next generation identity model, and building a global footprint. Your role will be to own one or more of these areas as you also help us grow this service to world class scale and operations. If you ever wanted to be part of a brand new product in a new, game-changing market then this is for you!
The ideal candidate is passionate about application development for devices and web browsers and driving programs to successful release. You should have a strong track record of creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance cloud apps and services. Experience with cross-platform development frameworks and distributed systems is highly desirable. You will have 5+ years' experience with in-depth technical contributions with SaaS products and cloud-scale development as well as owning and driving technical programs across large organizations. Of course you will also have excellent communication skills and a track record of driving successful products to market.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager in engineering, you will be leading the technical strategy and program management of Honeycode-specific services and products that will build us in to the leader of the Low Code market. In this role, you will wear many hats. You must possess a unique combination of the engineering and design experience of a software development manager, together with customer and business acumen, and a do-what-it-takes approach to providing whatever is needed to make your programs successful. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly with conviction at all levels of the organization. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you. As this is a technical role, you will also work closely with the engineering leaders and the customer experience team to define the details, specifications and user experience of the product.
We look for people who are capable and passionate in the following areas:
• Identifying and understanding opportunity, developing requirements, building roadmaps, and executing on business plans.
• Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs; encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
• Evangelizing within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of products and programs.
• 5+ years' experience in software design/development with significant contributions to global-scale software services products
• 4+ years' experience coordinating cross functional teams across a large organization
• 4+ years' experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
• Advanced technical degree or MBA
• Experience in the SaaS industry
• An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong writing skills
• Additional locations include: San Francisco, CA; Cupertino, CA and will even consider remote workers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top