Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
Amazon is looking for a dynamic, innovative and accomplished Senior Technical Program Manager to join Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) team.
Our mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic e-commerce marketplaces in the world, with nearly 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in ten countries. Have you ever thought about what it takes to manage risk in billions of transactions, including digital transactions and subscriptions? Do you like to investigate customer impacting issues, dive deep into system exceptions and work closely with the software, hardware and network teams to solve these challenges.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping complex projects and delivering simple, elegant solutions by collecting product and business requirements, driving the development schedule from design to release, making appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams. You will interact with a broad cross section of the Amazon organization as you clarify ambiguous issues and negotiate effective technical solutions between development and business teams. You will anticipate bottlenecks and escalate issues when required in order to ensure on-time delivery.
The role requires a seasoned individual who has excellent experience as a Technical Program Manager for distributed SOA software systems and can guide high-level technical design as well as think about potential, future areas of fraud that our platform might encounter.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience in software development life cycle.
• Experience and hands-on with any object oriented programming language.
• Working knowledge of agile, Scrum
• Experience in setting processes and mechanisms to accomplish the. desired outcome.
• Experience working with teams, organizations that span across leadership chain.
• Amazon Webservices (AWS) knowledge and working experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.