How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging Health Technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We provide our customers powerful, unique in class, Health and Wellness solutions in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be primarily responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a program encompassing one or more products, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the program launch. You will be making appropriate trade-offs to optimize for quality and time-to-market, clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current software and/or hardware disciplines. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management in a software applications environment.
- 5+ years experience building processes, project management, and release schedules.
- 3+ years experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules on a global scale.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience in taking complex products global.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.