Senior Technical Program Manager
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services! The AWS Infrastructure Capacity Planning Team is responsible for managing global infrastructure (space, power, cooling, and networking), ensuring we meet our customers' demand. We are searching for a passionate and talented Senior Technical Program Manager to work across multiple organizations, to drive business and technical process improvements related to capacity program management.
You will have goals to drive systemic automation of manual and/or inefficient capacity planning processes. You will be expected to uncover inefficient x-organizational processes and work with the software development teams to define business requirements' documents, evaluate business impacts, quantify cost savings, help pilot proposed solutions and ultimately implement optimal solutions across the AWS Infrastructure Organization.
This is a high impact role offering an opportunity to develop long standing process improvements which will drive and influence business-critical decisions impacting the long-term future of AWS.
You are the ideal candidate if you are a leader, who can demonstrate the ability to:
- Communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and driving results of technical processes
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Embody a true pioneering spirit, willing to "get your hands dirty" in a start-up environment meeting targeted needs for business development
- Drive organizational alignment on critical process improvements
- Clearly define business requirements and metrics, working with various teams to identify opportunities for improvement, map processes current state and define future state to drive process improvement and efficiencies
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders in order to identify technological and business constraints
- Possess excellent business acumen and judgment
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years in product management and/or project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technology discipline, data science or related field
- Supply Chain Management experience, e.g., forecasting, planning, scheduling
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
- Engineering experience in e-commerce and / or technology companies
- Data Center infrastructure planning experience
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top