Senior Technical Program Manager
- Wenatchee, WA
Do you want to reinvent shopping on Amazon? Do you want to fundamentally change how customers find and choose great products? Do you thrive in an environment with ambiguity and complex problems? Are you looking for a role with the opportunity to have massive impact for millions of customers over billions of interactions globally and collaboration across some of the most innovative projects across Amazon's Retail business? With ever expanding selection, it's time to leverage big data and machine learning to generate relevant and trustworthy recommendations for billions of shopping journeys through billions of products, and to make it easy and natural for customers to discover those recommendations. It's time for Amazon's Choice.
Amazon's Choice highlights popular, highly rated, low-regret, well-priced products available to ship immediately. It has struck a chord with customers, by simplifying their shopping journeys and serving as a shortcut find great products, and is scaling rapidly as a result. But it's still Day 1. There are many more opportunities to grow this recommendation system and improve the quality of the products we recommend.
The lead TPM for Amazon's Choice must be multi-dimensional and comfortable taking risks. Success will require strong technical leadership, influencing skills and visibility up to senior Director and VP levels, and program management to deliver on ambitious goals. In this role, you will work with stakeholders, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess technical risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the customer needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
The Senior Technical Program Manager for Trust will be expected to:
• Scope and deliver projects end-to-end in an organization full of awesome software engineers and scientists.
• Own a collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
• Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
• Develop perceptive insights on business and customer requirements to drive vision and planning for the organization as a whole.
• Diving deep into our architecture and systems and learn about the machine learning technologies that power the digital experience measurement and create initiatives for technology innovation and continuous improvement.
• Lead Trust Technical Program Reviews to align expectations for timelines, identify risks, and get support removing bottlenecks
• Engage on a regular and frequent basis with Senior Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field
• Experience coordinating cross functional teams in software engineering
• Experience defining and managing projects, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
• Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
• Experience building and launching ML-based solutions to complex customer problems
• Online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
• Previously held a technical leadership role, delivering large-scale projects
• Experience delivering with an agile methodology (SCRUM, XP)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, and a consideration for scale, efficiency and performance
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong writing skills • Prior software development and program management experience is a plus.
• Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
• Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top