Senior Technical Program Manager, AWS Security
- Arlington, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented Senior Technical Program Manager for the AWS Security vulnerability management team. AWS Security is responsible for driving innovative enhancements that raise the bar for how AWS employees interact with resources, systems, and data. This team dives deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis. The objective of this program is to define the innovative preventative, detective and monitoring mechanisms to enable security at scale.
The successful candidate is one who loves working directly with software developers to understand their needs, and design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate more effectively, securely and safely. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure, and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS' security posture. You will build tooling, drive process improvements, and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Senior Leaders.
As a TPM in AWS Security you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
• Identifying functional and technical requirements collecting inputs from business, security, and technical teams
• Building technical designs and program plans to implement desired security outcomes
• Working across teams at AWS to refine your plans and obtain buy-in
• Executing the program, providing status to engineers, Sr. leaders, and Sr. executives on a regular basis
• 10+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 7+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 5+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• 5+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Have experience leading a highly technical team
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have experience in the development of security products
• Are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For more information contact Fabian Valencia - email@example.com
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top