Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It serves millions of customers, from startups to enterprises, in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale.
The AWS Identity Resource Management team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by all AWS Services and customers to manage their AWS resources. Responsibilities of this role include engaging program/product managers to identify new opportunities, define and design product features, lead the effort to build highly reliable foundational services.
The ideal candidate will have both technical and business background, with experience in software design, development, testing, and operations. They will also be excellent in working across functional teams and meet a high technical bar. Their background enables them to define business and technical strategy, drive engagement and interact across team boundaries, and align technical teams toward coherent approaches.
As a Senior TPM in AWS Resource Management, you will:
• Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing programs
• Manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams
• Partner with the leadership team to define business and architectural strategy and build roadmaps for the programs you and your team own
• Be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run
You don't want to join just any team at AWS, you want to join a team that sets the standard by which all other services measure their customer experiences against. You're deeply passionate about marrying the front-end and back-end together to create APIs that support world-class customer experiences. You love GraphQL, and have strong opinions on the standards it should be held to. You're excited when you don't know the answer to a problem and get to dive into the unknown. You know how to pick the right tooling and really care about optimizing your own development experience. You're determined to find the right approach (even if it's not your own) and then establish best practices around that approach. You're passionate about interacting with customers and watching your work in action. You're ready to help us solve our next big problems!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 3+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between multiple teams in disperse functional groups
• You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical multi-team environment
• Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
• You are a skilled writer, you have excellent instincts and judgement
• You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and partnering skills
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Cross-team coordination skills
• Proven ability to concisely communicate with an executive audience in both written and verbal communications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.